Press Release: Auction of $1 Million Private Jewelry Collection by Famed Designer David Webb
(Los Angeles, Calif. – Sept. 8, 2015) L.A.’s Abell Auction Company will hold an online and live quarterly auction on September 27 at 10 a.m. featuring a $1 million collection of estate jewelry by David Webb, Tiffany & Co., Patek Philippe and other renowned designers.
The stunning creations of Webb (1925-1975) have been worn for six decades by clients as famous as Elizabeth Taylor, Jacqueline Kennedy and Estee Lauder to Helen Mirren, Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez, to name a few.
– Suite of David Webb diamond and turquoise jewelry
– Suite of David Webb diamond and black enamel jewelry
– 5.01 carat pear-shaped diamond (G, VS2) in a David Webb mount
– Nautilus and skeleton watch by Patek Philippe for Tiffany & Co.
– Padparadscha sapphire ring by Tiffany & Co.
An exclusive collection of fine art, antiques, 20th Century design, and decorations from premier Southern California estates also will be auctioned, including lithographs by Pablo Picasso, Joan Miro and Keith Haring, and two Picasso Madoura ceramic pitchers.
-Live/online auction on Sunday, September 27 at 10 a.m., Abell gallery, 2613 Yates Ave., Los Angeles
-Gallery preview on Wednesday, September 23 to Saturday, September 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.